Whether you’re an enterprise owner or an entrepreneur with a small business, there’s a good chance you’re already leveraging the power of social media to escalate and scale your business. But it is time to move on if you are still caught up in the old ways (i.e., spending thousands of dollars on outdoor advertising and print media or television commercials). Currently, 92% of brand owners use social media to give their businesses the boost and recognition they deserve. Based on recent statistics, the percentage of social media users grows yearly, and each user spends an average of 2.5 hours daily on various platforms.
So, what does all of this mean for you? It means that now is a better time than any to get in touch with billions of active individuals who love to make purchases online. However, at the same time, using social media to attract new customers and spread the word about your business isn’t a piece of cake because the competition is fierce. Nevertheless, when done right, you can receive quantifiable results. Want to know how?
Here are some smart tips on how you can use social media to grow your business:
Create Masterful Content
Creating unique and organic content is one of the best ways to use social media to expand your reach. The trick to creating helpful content is understanding your target audience and knowing what they like and want from you. After that, you must invest time in developing and promoting that content. These could include eye-catching visuals, informative blog posts, entertaining videos, engaging infographics, and interactive polls or quizzes. Additionally, utilizing stock video footage can be a cost-effective way to enhance your content. Stock video footage provides a treasure trove of professionally shot clips that can supplement your brand’s storytelling, promotional materials, or educational content, giving your social media presence a polished and engaging edge.
Choose The Right Social Media Platforms
Numerous social media platforms are available, and not all of them may be suitable for your business. Here’s a brief overview of some popular social media platforms and their primary uses:
- Facebook:Ideal for businesses who want to target a broad audience and are looking to build brand awareness, engage with customers, and run ads.
- Instagram:Perfect for visual content. Hence, it is suitable for businesses in the beauty, food, fashion, and travel industries.
- Twitter:Effective for real-time updates, customer service, and engaging with a younger and tech-savvy audience.
- LinkedIn:This is ideal for B2B businesses, professional networking, and showcasing industry expertise.
- Pinterest:Great for lifestyle, DIY, and creative businesses.
- YouTube:Perfect for video content and tutorials, suitable for businesses looking to educate their audience.
- TikTok:It is useful in gaining popularity for short-form videos and reaching a younger demographic.
Choose the platforms that make the most sense for your business and focus your efforts on them.
Host A Giveaway Or Contest
Another great way to improve your brand’s visibility is to create competitions or giveaways centered around your service or product. Make it straightforward for people to participate in it. Here’s an idea: You can complete a form or application that customers can fill out to enter this frenzy. Furthermore, this competition or giveaway can be hosted on Instagram, FaceBook, Twitter, etc. Make sure the delivery is included in the price of any physical prizes you are giving away, such as t-shirts or coffee mugs. Consider creating a timeline with checkpoints so that clients and customers can track their advancement through the various tiers of the competition. Tell them how many more entries they need to reach the following objective.
Be As Human As you Can
Do you know what ties Wendy’s and Elon Musk together? They both actively display their human side on social media, that’s correct. Do you recall the Wendy’s Twitter satires? With bright burns, Wendy’s competed against regular people and industry champions like McDonald’s while gaining over 900k fans on Twitter and frequently appearing at the top of the trending tab. What made it so effective? People were startled and ecstatic to see a brand move so far outside the box because they noticed an intelligent, cunning human behind the company’s taunting. So, follow this trick when using social media to improve your business’s ranking.
Make Use Of Paid Advertisements
- Be familiar with the primary tactics for organizing your campaign on each platform you intend to use for advertising.
- Use A/B testing to improve your ads by experimenting with alternative CTAs, audiences, and creatives. You must conduct ongoing testing to identify the winners, scale sustainably, and lower your CPA/CPM.
- Make your adverts mobile-friendly.
Utilize Tools For Social Media Marketing In Your Business
Fortunately, you are not required to create your presence entirely on your own. There is no shortage of social media solutions and tools to assist with the labor-intensive everyday jobs. You might think about investing in a combination of the following, depending on your needs:
- Material-queuing technologies that let you queue material across many platforms
- Content engagement and performance analytics tools
- Tools for listening and monitoring that facilitate following audience dialogues
Overall, it wouldn’t be an understatement to say that social media can help skyrocket a business’s potential to attract new people and make more money. Using the following tips in harmony, those with up-and-running companies can maximize their impact and build rapport with their existing and future clientele, amplify possibilities, improve sales, and ultimately gain more recognition. Furthermore, it is essential to understand that, with time, new trends and fads will dominate the social media industry. So, if you don’t want to be sidelined, keep updating your social media game to boost ROI.